What personal information do we collect?
Our main reasons for collecting your personal information are to provide you with information or services that you have requested including supporting your applications to Finnish Minerals Group and to provide and improve the service, products and experiences that you and the users of the Finnish Minerals Group jobs website, applicants and employees expect from us.
We collect personal information from you in several different ways; you may share information with us, or we may collect it using other means. In this section, we explain the different ways we collect personal information from you and some ways in which that information will be used. For more details on how we use your personal information, please see the section titled “How do we use your personal information?”.
Information you share with us
We collect personal information that you share with us when you register, contact us or interact with us through our website, email, phone or otherwise. You can decide not to provide certain information or ask that any information you have previously shared is removed. If you do so, you may not be able to take full advantage of a career at Finnish Minerals Group and progress an application.
For example, you may provide information to us when you contact us about an opportunity to work at Finnish Minerals Group, upload a CV, Resume or other career information. Through these interactions you may share with us: your name, e-mail address, postal address, contact number, career history (usually in the form of a CV) as well as any other personally identifiable information you include in your interactions with Finnish Minerals Group. We may also ask for additional information to assist us with our recruitment process and in the event you are offered a job.
For how we use your information that is collected using cookies and similar technologies, please see the “Cookies” page here.
How do we use your personal information?
The main purpose for processing your personal data is to register your application for a job in our company and, if this application leads to start our selection procedure, make a profile of you, meaning that we will process all the necessary data that is required for us to assess your job application in view of a potential recruitment. This evaluation can also imply an evaluation by a third party.
In case of positive evaluation and decision to hire, we will also use your personal data to prepare an employment contract.
Furthermore, we use your personal information to provide you with information or services that you have requested including supporting your applications to Finnish Minerals Group and to provide and improve the service, products and experiences that you and the users of our jobs website, applicants and employees expect from us.
The processing of your data is therefore necessary in order to take steps prior to entering into an employment contract and is in our legitimate interests, i.e. the interest to assess and evaluate you before deciding on making an offer of employment, which is also in your interests or at least these do not outweigh our interests.
Information you share with us
We use the personal information you share with us in the following ways:
- To assess your job application, and to keep you updated throughout the application process;
- To respond to your inquiries and requests;
- To communicate with you;
- To provide you with updates about your application;
- To provide services and support for any application you make;
- To facilitate any application you make to Finnish Minerals Group;
- To provide updates to you about any changes to our policies, terms and conditions and any other matters which we may need to tell you; and
- If you have asked us to keep you informed of other opportunities at Finnish Minerals Group, we may periodically contact you to tell you about these for up to 5 years.
Contacting You in the Future
If you have asked us to, we will keep you informed of other opportunities at Finnish Minerals Group for up to 5 years. We do this in various ways, including e-mail, post, SMS, via social media platforms and by phone, but only if you are happy for us to do so.
If you would like more information on how we share your personal information, please email our Privacy Team through our contacts page found here.
Links to third party websites
We may provide links to other websites which are not operated and controlled by Finnish Minerals Group. We have no control over and are not responsible for the content of those sites or how the third parties responsible for them collect and use your personal information. We do not endorse or make any representations about third party websites.
Third party websites may have their own privacy policies explaining how they use and share your personal information. You should carefully review those privacy policies before you use these websites to make sure that you are happy with how your personal information is being collected and shared.
How long do we keep your personal information?
Informing us of Changes
If any of the information that you have provided to us changes, for example if you change your e-mail address, name or postal address, you can update, amend or remove information by logging into your account, or ask us by submitting a request through our contacts page found here.
You are entitled to ask:
- For a copy of the personal information we hold about you, and details about how we are processing your personal information;
- To have any inaccuracies in your personal information corrected;
- If we are processing your personal information by automated means and on the basis of your consent or a contract (see “How do we use it?”, above), for us to provide your personal information, which you have provided to us, to you in a structured, commonly-used and machine-readable format. You can also ask us to provide your personal information directly to a third party in this format, and, if technically feasible, we will do so; and
- To have your personal information erased, or for our use of it to be restricted (for example, if your preferences change, or if you do not want us to send you the information you have requested).
- To object to our processing of your personal data for which we use legitimate interest as a legal basis, in which case we will cease the processing unless we have compelling legitimate grounds for the processing. You will for instance be able to object to the processing of your personal data in the event of an unsuccessful application. In that event, we will delete your personal date immediately and cease any further processing.
Please contact us using the details set out below if you would like to exercise any of these rights.
You also have the right to make a complaint to the supervisory authority if you are not happy with how we have handled your personal information.
If the law in your country allows us to impose a fee for giving you access, we will communicate this to you in response to your request.
If you would like to access, update or amend your personal information or, if you would like us to remove personal information that we hold about you, or limit its use, or if you would want to object to our processing of your personal data, please email us through our contacts page found here.
How do we protect your personal information?
We use appropriate technical and organizational measures, including encryption, to protect your personal information and privacy, and review those regularly. We protect your personal information using a combination of physical and IT security controls, including access controls that restrict and manage the way in which your personal information and data is processed, managed and handled. Whilst we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information, we commit to taking all reasonable steps to do so.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, or would like to make a complaint about how we use the personal information we hold about you, please email our Privacy Team.
You can contact our Privacy Team at any time through our contacts page found here. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
Updated June 2018