This website is operated by Suomen Malmijalostus Oy – Finnish Minerals Group, Keskuskatu 5 B, 00100 Helsinki, Finland (“Finnish Minerals Group”, “we” or “us”).
What information do we collect?
At times, we may request that you voluntarily supply us with personal data. Generally, this information is requested when you want us to provide you with information regarding us.
We may gather the following data about you when you use this website:
- Name, email address, phone number, company name, job title, company contact details (voluntary)
- IP address (a unique identifier for your computer or other device).
How do we use it?
We will use your personal data in the following ways. We are also required by law to state a legal basis for processing (i.e. to tell you on what grounds we are allowed to use your information), and this is set out below:
|How we will use your personal information:||Our legal basis for processing:|
|To provide you with information that you have requested (e.g. a newsletter, bulletins)||Consent – we only use your personal data for this purpose if you have asked us to do so. You can withdraw your consent at any time.|
|To respond to specific inquiries you may raise regarding us||Consent – we only use your personal data for this purpose if you have asked us to do so. You can withdraw your consent at any time.|
|To provide you with better ways of accessing information from this website||Our legitimate interests – we use your personal data to help us to deliver the best online experience to you and other website users.|
|To process and consider your job application||
For how we use your information that is collected using cookies and similar technologies please see the “Cookies” page here.
Do we pass your information to third parties?
We reserve the right to share user data with our website service providers (Koodiviidakko) and with Finnish legal authorities, if required.
How do we use your information for marketing?
We will only provide information to you that you have asked for via the website.
Where do we send your information?
We do not send or share your information without your consent, except with Finnish legal authorities, if required.
How long do we keep your information?
We will keep your data for a period of two years from our last contact with you.
How do we protect your information?
We take appropriate measures to ensure that your personal data disclosed to us is kept secure, accurate and up to date and kept only for so long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is used.
You are entitled to ask:
- For a copy of the personal data we hold about you, and details about how we are processing your personal data;
- To have any inaccuracies in your personal data corrected;
- If we are processing your personal data by automated means and on the basis of your consent or a contract (see “How do we use it?”, above), for us to provide your personal data, which you have provided to us, to you in a structured, commonly-used and machine-readable format. You can also ask us to provide your personal data directly to a third party in this format, and, if technically feasible, we will do so; and
- To have your personal data erased, or for our use of it to be restricted (for example, if your preferences change, or if you do not want us to send you the information you have requested).
- To object to our processing of your personal data for which we use legitimate interest as a legal basis, in which case we will cease the processing unless we have compelling legitimate grounds for the processing.
You have also the right to object at any time to the processing of personal data for direct marketing. If you do not want to continue receiving any direct marketing from us, you can contact us (see below) or click on the unsubscribe function in any such communication. In that event, the personal data shall no longer be processed for such purposes.
Please contact us using the details set out below if you would like to exercise any of these rights.
You also have the right to make a complaint to the local supervisory authority, Suomen tietosuojavaltuutetun toimisto, Office of the Data Protection Ombudsman Finland, if you are not happy with how we have handled your personal data.
How to contact us
If you wish to exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal data or if you have any queries about how we use your personal data, please let us know by contacting us through our contact page found here. We will respond to your request within the next two business days.
Updated in December; 2018:
Personal information replaced by personal data
Section “How do we use it?”
- Website maintenance and traffic analysis
Section “Your rights”
- Information about the supervisory authority