Finnish Minerals Group has a technology team tasked with introducing special technological expertise to the company’s projects and providing technological support. Technological expertise is typically needed when the company evaluates and develops initiatives related to investments, new business or the process development.
The team also promotes the industrial efficiency and competitiveness of the companies included in Finnish Minerals Group’s investment portfolio by participating in their technological development. Its role is to conduct long-term technical analyses of risks and opportunities and to highlight new, alternative technologies. The companies included in the portfolio are themselves responsible for production planning and technical support.
industrial Competitiveness in focus
At the Finnish and EU levels, the technology team operates on a long-term basis in industrial and R&D communities with the aim of promoting industrial renewal and strengthening European competitiveness. Tasks also include applying for external funding for R&D and upscaling projects and for the deployment of industrial-scale applications.
Technological expertise is an essential part of the active ownership of Finnish Minerals Group. No corresponding teams exist in other State-owned investment companies in Finland.
Examples of the goals of advanced technology cooperation projects
- reducing waste
- recovering by-products
- improving water management
- enhancing internal process circulations
- promoting the circular economy
- improving metals recovery
- improving chemical performance
Examples of ongoing cooperation projects
- Morecovery - Side-product recovery of critical elements
- Credit - Up-scaling of bipolar electrodialysis for sulphate treatment
- BATCircle - Improving mining industry processes
- BATTRACE - Developing traceability of raw materials used in batteries
- Nemo - Raw naterial from sulphidic mining waste